Monday, December 7, 2009

You MUST Know About This!

If you are anything like me, you have an abundance of cocktail dresses hanging in the back of your closet collecting dust. You also are probably on the hunt for the perfect dress for the holidays and New Years Eve. It's not that you don't like the cocktail dresses you already own, it's that you have already worn them, maybe on multiple occasions. Unlike shoes or a sweater, cocktail dresses are one of those items that you only get a handful of uses out of.

Enter Rent the Runway. For a fraction of the price of buying a new dress, Rent the Runway allows you to rent designer dresses to wear for an event! Stocked with the season hottest designer dresses, members can rent a dress costing upwards of $500 or more for just $50-$200, depending on the dress.

You can search by categories such as: New Years Eve, Meet the Parents and Date Night. Stylists are also on call to help with sizing decisions and suggestions on how to accessorize your look.

Photobucket

Unlike popular bag rental site, Bag Borrow or Steal, I find Rent the Runway completely affordable, and the fashionista's answer to never repeating the same dress. They even offer an option of renting a 2nd size for FREE! This ensures that you won't end up without a dress due to fit. I have found that many of these dresses are available right now in stores, so why not go try them on for size and fit there, and then rent them online!

Rent the Runway is a fairly new site, but I am excited to see what happens next season when their current dresses are no longer seasonal. My hope is that they will be selling them for steep discounts, giving members another way to score a top designer dress for cheap!

Want to join? Follow this invitation link: http://renttherunway.com/referral/lprattes

3 comments:

Miss Blaize said...

Hi there,

I would like an invite to this fab website. Love your blog by the way.Very classy and beautiful writing.
xx

LaPerru said...

Hi, if possible, I would like an invitefor RTR.
Thanks!!
PS:I just discovered your blog and I loved it!

The Style Maison said...

Hi there! Thank you so much for reading my blog! I'm sorry for just now answering, I thought my blog was set up to email when I received comments, but it looks like it is not! Here is the link if you still need it,

http://renttherunway.com/referral/lprattes

Thank you for your support!!